How To Edit a Followers’ Comment on WordPress
- Go to your blog’s dashboard.
- Click on Comments button under the discussion section in the left hand column of the screen. This will take you to the comments section of the dashboard. All comments that have been posted on your blog are stored and can be accessed here.
- Click on the Edit button, which is the fourth button from the left. The menu will appear when you scroll over the bottom section of the comment.
- Edit the comment as needed. You can delete text, add text, change the name/user on the comment, add links, add quotes, add code (especially useful for those who know a lot of about IT), even change the date and time the comment was submitted.
- When done changing comment, click Update in the right hand corner.
This feature allows the administrators of the blog to completely change any comment anyone posts on the blog. An administrator could even make it look like another person posted the comment, completely erasing the original comment and changing the commentators name and email address. The only thing needed to make said change is knowing the information of the user you would like to make it look like left the comment.
What does this mean in layman’s terms? You can make it look like anyone you want commented on your blog and make it look like they said anything you wanted them to say.
This concludes the How To tutorial on WordPress. There will be a quiz later.